Flu Vaccinations 2020
FLU CLINC DATES NOW AVAILABLE
We are now in a position to offer this year’s flu clinic dates for those in the following eligible groups:
- Those aged six months to 64 years (inclusive) in clinical risk groups
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Pregnant women
- Those in long-stay residential or nursing homes or other long stay health or social care facility
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Household contacts of an individual on the shielded patient list
- Health and social care staff employed by a registered residential care/nursing home or registered domiciliary care provider (to be vaccinated by the GP practice where they are registered as a patient)
- Health and social care staff employed by a voluntary managed hospice provider (to be vaccinated by the GP practice where they are registered as a patient)
- Health and social care workers employed through direct payments and/or personal health budgets (such as personal assistant) to deliver domiciliary care to patients and service users (to be vaccinated by the GP practice where they are registered as a patient)
- Locum GP’s (to be vaccinated by the GP practice where they are registered as a patient)
|Monday 5th October||All Day|
|Thursday 8th October||AM Only|
|Monday 12th October||All Day|
|Wednesday 28th October||All Day|
This year there are 2 different vaccines, one is for patients over 65 years of age, the other is for patients under 65 years of age in the at risk groups. These vaccines have different components in order to make it more effective for the different age groups.
Please call the surgery to make an appointment only if you are eligible for the annual flu vaccine. The programme maybe further extended this year to include the 50-64 year age group (those not included in a clinical risk group) subject to vaccine supply and after existing eligible groups have been prioritised.
When you attend the surgery for your flu vaccination, please arrive as close to your appointment time as you can, attend alone where possible and wear a face covering.
The surgery is putting all measures in place to adhere to social distancing and maximum numbers will be allowed into reception area at any one time. Please can we ask for your co-operation in this matter.